About the Role:
Graham Stamping Company is looking for a Press Operator capable of operating all production machines and feedequipment, including transfers, according to specifications, machine operating instructions and the Part Control Plan.
- Examines finished stamping pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet,quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Able to operate an overhead crane and lift truck.
- Load coils into feedline.
- Accurately feed steel to press and align steelwith press dies.
- Responsible for ensuring an acceptable first and last off production part.
- Perform fixture checks.
- Able to communicate die repairs to Die Shop personnel.
- Able to recommend shut down of equipment if found to be unsafe or not capable of performing to specifications.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Must be capable of performing all above duties with little or no supervision.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work all shifts.
- Demonstrated ability to read measuring devices including calipers, micrometer, and liner calipers.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Must be capable of obtaining crane certification and operation of overhead crane.
- Must be capable of obtaining lift truck certification and operation of a lift truck.
- Must be capable of handling steel coils and dies up to 50,000 lbs.
- Must be capable of receiving further training to improve equipment use skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be capable of training other sets up operators when required.
- Die Setting background a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 3 years in field experience (preferred).