About the Role
Graham Stamping is We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Materials Manager to oversee our materials operations in the Metal Stamping Industry. The Materials Manager will be responsible for managing the procurement, planning, scheduling, and inventory control of all raw materials, finished goods, and supplies required for production. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the automotive metal stamping industry, as well as experience in materials management and inventory control.
- Manage Customer Satisfaction.
- Develop a material strategy that supports organizational objectives.
- Maintain and progress strong relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and internal customers.
- Evaluate and select suppliers based on quality, delivery and cost metrics.
- Direct the order of the supply chain to ensure outside processors maintain timelines.
- Strategize and execute purchasing of all raw materials.
- Manage inventory of all raw and finished goods and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Control all material and inventory to maintain 100% on time delivery record.
- Maximize scheduling of all stamping presses.
- Coordinate with the Shipping and Receiving department to ensure on time delivery.
- Collaborate and work with relevant departments including Sales, Engineering, Accounting and Logistics.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations related to materials handling and storage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams and drive results
- Metal stamping manufacturing experience.
- ERP system mastery.
- Understanding of Lean principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Success Metrics
- On Time Delivery
- Inventory turns
- Customer Satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management preferred or similar.
- 3-5+ years experience in materials/scheduling in a leadership role.
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain management.
- 3+ years in the metal stamping industry preferred.
- Basic computer skills - mainly Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace.
- ERP/MRP proficiency - PLEX ERP preferred.
- Supply Chain Certifications like APICS a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- Growth Opportunities
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Profit Sharing
- 401k Match of up to 3%
- Healthcare Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- Overtime Opportunities
- 9 Paid Holidays