Graham Stamping Company is looking for someone to help maintain dies in a production-ready status at all times, capable of producing quality parts. The Die Shop is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing dies, fixtures, templates and gaging. Assist with the repair and installation of the stamping dies. Performs maintenance and other assigned tasks on the dies.
- Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machines tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinists hand tools.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper and grinder to machine parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secure parts on a surface plate or work table.?Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Grind tool steel and shim trim steel and punches.
- Confers with engineering, quality, and production personnel to resolve machining, assembly, or tryout problems
- Completes preventive maintenance work assignments to include work orders.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations
- Maintain compliance with company policies, health and safety issues, procedures, and programs.
- Able to recommend changes in tooling, methods or materials for cost-effectiveness and avoid production delays.
- Able to recommend shut down of equipment if found to be unsafe or not capable of performing to specifications.
- Suggest and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Must be capable of performing all above duties with little or no supervision
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work all shifts
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to read measuring devices including calipers, micrometer, and liner calipers.
- Must have experience in servicing progressive dies and other advanced die-protection techniques
- Must be capable of obtaining crane certification and operation of overhead crane
- Must be capable of obtaining lift truck certification and operation of a lift truck
- Must be capable of handling steel coils and dies up to 50,000 lbs.
- Must be capable of receiving further training to improve equipment use skills
- Must have basic computer skills?Must be capable of training other sets up operators when required